Monday, March 30, 2009

A quick post, pictures to come later.

I went to garden centre today. Among the highlights:

1. Visiting the rescued parrot who lives in the store. He was quite talkative today--which was a bonus as that never seems to be the case whenever I am there (which is almost never...I think my last trip there was about 5 years ago). My 2 and half year old nephew came and was enthralled by the parrot.

2. Finding a tiny tiny pineapple tree that I can keep in the house! You will have to forgive me if you are a gardening person and have seen these before and think I am being a geek for overreacting. But I have never seen such things before and I am completely amazed. I bought it on impulse (it was stupidly expensive) and we will see how it grows in the pineapple mecca of Calgary.

3. I found new catnip toys for my cats in the shapes of smurfs!

2 comments:

  1. If I read correctly, you could use some good luck vibes tomorrow .... good luck! Glad you got out to the garden center, it sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your surgery goes well...
    can't wait to see the pineapple tree pics...and now i wanna see the catnip smurfs! :p

    ReplyDelete

Reading List