Thursday, March 26, 2009

Motherly Love

My mom has been away on a trip for the past 7 or 8 days. I have lost count. She went to a spa in Nevada, or something like that. Somewhere hot is all I know. I haven't heard from her since day one of her trip when she was somewhere in Idaho and the hotel had free internet. The opening line from the email she sent last night when she decided to re-establish contact with me (again somewhere in Idaho, this time on her way home):


"Sorry I haven't been in touch but you know how it goes the sun will win every time"

I feel so loved.

lol

4 comments:

  1. As the song says - "It's been a long cold lonely winter"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm feeling the love from here. It's nice she got to enjoy herself. But I could use some sun and warm, too. Nothing like Calgary, I'm sure. But it's time for warm. The cherry blossoms are shivering.
    I like Timaru's comment. Pretty much says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold, dreary stay in bed day here, unfortunately I was out in the gloom.

    Oh how I wish I could escape like your mom. She deserves the pampering but nothing like getting the sun rubbed in your face, eh?

    Big hug,
    B~

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh zing!

    Amanada my comments never post. And answer my questions about mrc

    ReplyDelete

Reading List