On Friday on the way to test the new power chair (more on that fiasco later) we stopped at Starbucks and had a latte outside on the patio. This is my favorite Starbucks but its so tiny that I can't fit inside so can only go there when it's nice enough outside to sit on the patio. This was around noon. Blue sky, sun, plus 13 temperature. People giddy in shorts and t-shirts (yes it is a bit early for that but its been a longer and colder winter than usual so I think Calgarians are going a bit crazy with embracing any hint of nice weather we get). My dad loudly proclaimed "Spring is here." Ah, hubris....
9 am Saturday morning: grey overcast sky, no sign of the sun anywhere, and 7 inches of miserable, blowing snow. Sigh.
The good news is its not really that cold so hopefully it will all be gone in a few days. This has me down as I thought I might try to get out again today as yesterday's outing did me good--at least the Starbucks portion of it.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reading List
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(127)
-
▼
March
(24)
- Posting this for Amanda. Surgery went well and she...
- I am having eye surgery in the morning so probably...
- A quick post, pictures to come later.I went to gar...
- Nicky's Day...
- Procrastinating
- Motherly Love
- I think we are going to miss Spring this year. Fro...
- I had tentative plans today to visit a bird sanctu...
- On Friday on the way to test the new power chair (...
- It's a little stupid but I put my Twitter feed on ...
- I had an appointment at the bank this morning. It ...
- No title
- A Sign I am Watching Too Much TV
- Nothing better on a freezing day than a popsicle...
- It's evening and I am feeling a little better, alt...
- I am close to saying "fuck it"I have had enough. T...
- Blog Housework
- I woke up with this song on my mind
- Night Out
- It got up to -10 today. Progress. It's also light ...
- No title
- Spring soon?
- Comments Fixed
- New Blog
-
▼
March
(24)
Glad you got the one day at STarbucks, I hope many more follow soon. It seems the weather here has been a bit of a tease this year, nice then freezing. It really bites! Enjoy it while you can, I guess.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
B~