Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I had tentative plans today to visit a bird sanctuary. I wasn't really all that eager to go intitially I admit. But I promised somebody I would come and felt I should make an effort. However these plans were made before the big snow storm this weekend. It was supposed to warm up today but so far it's still miserable outside. No snow since Sunday but the sky is gray with no signs of sun (again) and the temperature is below freezing So the trip will likely be cancelled unless the weather turns around in a big way very quickly. And that very often is the case in Calgary so I might still make it.

At 2 am last night and unable to sleep I came across a movie on TV that I never heard of before called A Thousand Clowns. Kind of an oddball "a nonconformist against the system--cute kid and unlikely love interest as part of the package" movie that bordered on annoyance at times. But I think one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. Also one of those movies that makes me wish I had been around in the 1960s. I don't really know why I have that urge sometimes, but life in the 60s, at least in many movies, seems much more interesting than today.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, the 60s is a state of mind and still available to everyone. Thanks for reminding me of A Thousand Clowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I grew up in that decade and it had its pluses and minuses. In many ways it is a state of mind, love not war, peace and brotherly love.

    I love bird sanctuaries. Hope you get to go.

    B~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clowns freak me out! And strangely enough, so do birds. I really am deathly afraid of birds. Much to my son's delight when he points them out at the pet store!

    ReplyDelete

Reading List