Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It got up to -10 today. Progress. It's also light now until almost 7:30 pm. Which is nice.

The upper respiratory/flu bug that has made my life miserable since January is back. It seems to go away and I start to feel better for a few days, only to have it spring out of wherever it was hiding and wallop me again.

I tried to reply to the comments left on the earlier posts. But for some reason it won't let me when I am logged in as myself. I need to look into why. Then I will reply. I may have made a mistake going with Blogger. Maybe I need to break down and go with paid blog software that will give me more control. If I find the energy I may do that. For now though this will have to do.

I heard this song on the radio today and for some reason it resonated with me. I have heard it many many times before but never really listened to how lovely and haunting it is. And sad. I think I need to listen to more Gordon Lightfoot.

9 comments:

  1. One of my favorites since high school, I am an aging old fart, lol. Lightfoot does wonderful ballots.

    Feel better, Big hug,
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always liked Gordon Lightfoot myself. We have a couple of LPs, now if only the turntable worked.

    (Yea, I'm dating myself here too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. re comments. I am using Blogger as well. It allows me to comment as well. SO if I am replying to a comment. I make a comment following it in the stream. Is that what you are tying to do, and it doesn;t let you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use blogger and have no problems. Even commenting as myself. Check your comments filter and set up. Or maybe it's a Canadian thing, eh?
    After a couple of days in the 70's (in US years) it's back in the 30's today. Can we say "ENOUGH!!!"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay it's working now. Maybe was just a bug or that part of blogger was down when I tried earlier to reply to comments. I only tried once. It didn't work. But now it does.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I the only one who has to type in a word verification and then log into through google because I don;t know how to post without logging in. I don't mind, but if someone would give me a tip, I would be appreciative.

    The issue I have been having is that the word verification frequently does not load.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just watched a diasters of the centuty shoew on the history channel about this. I never knew it was a real story. Gordon rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CC - my guess is that Amanda has anonymous comments turned off. If that's true, you have to log in to leave a comment. So if you are not logged in, you can type the comment, type in the word verification and only after you enter will blogger notice that you are not a logged in reader.

    This allows the blog owner to not deal with anonymous unattributed comments. Not that anyone can't set up a useless acct and leave useless comments, but it is one extra step that makes it harder to spam someone's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One thing I have found about blogger ... is I occasionally have random issues. SO, not surprised the comments didn;t work at one point for you.

    ReplyDelete

Reading List