I started school on Thursday. I am at a bit of loose ends academically because I don't have any idea what I want to do. Last year at this time I was sure I wanted to do a MA connected to writing, creative or otherwise. Then I fell in love with my art history course in the spring and wondered about pursuing more courses in that field. But the truth is I just don't know what I want to do and that is a problem. Not a problrm worthy of complaining of. But I guess my point is I am finding it hard to be focused or motivated when I have no clear goal in sight. Or even in mind. I learned from initially auditing my course in the spring that I don't do well if there are no expectations on me or no tangible end goal such as a grade. So for now I am reconsidering my initial course choices and thinking what it is I want to get from going back to school.
I have a friend currently studying for the LSAT. She tells me I should think about it. My first thought was to laugh. My second thought was would it hurt to do a practice test just to see how I do at this point in my life? I might take up her offer to do a test from her study kit.
Other than that its been a wasted week. I aqm spinning my wheels (poor choice of a metaphor) more right now than I have at any point in the past 3.5 plus years. I do nothing all day and when something comes up to do, laziness or depression or anxiety causes me to stick my head in the sand in avoidance. I am frustrated but don't have the desire or energy it seems to do anything about the fact that my life is slipping by one day at a time while I sit and wish things were different.
Feeling hopeless really is hard to pull out of.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reading List
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(127)
-
▼
September
(17)
- sorry I am way far behind again on replying to com...
- I made it to Vancouver in one piece. It's far fro...
- I ate Lucky Charms for breakfast. For the first ti...
- Off to Vancouver today for the next 3 weeks. I hat...
- today's thoughts
- I couldn't sleep last night. Much like my days, I ...
- I just got back from my second movie in as many da...
- I just got back from Inglorious Basterds. This wa...
- today
- today
- We had very nice weather for part of the long week...
- We had very nice weather for part of the long week...
- I started school on Thursday. I am at a bit of loo...
- I can't edit my last post. I wanted to add this li...
- I read a quote one time by somebody I don't rememb...
- I am supposed to start school tomorrow, leave for ...
- I am supposed to start school tomorrow, leave for ...
-
▼
September
(17)
I'm feeling a bit like that myself, I think it's because the leaves are beginning to turn and Summers gone with nothing much happened.
ReplyDeleteYes I think that is a big part of it for me as well. Post-summer let down, dread of the winter to come with its inevitable isolation issues for me.
ReplyDeleteI just came back home from a cricket match, Canadian style. I will have to tell you about it in a post :)
The above was me, Amanda. For some reason I am not logged in. Weird.
ReplyDelete