I just got back from my second movie in as many days. I am a social butterfly lol. Well I am zero for two as The Time Traveller's Wife was not much better than Naked Basterds. It was not terrible, maybe 6 out 10. I was even able to suspend belief and sort of buy the premise of the time travelling. But the ending...spoiler alert, don't read further if you want to see the movie or read the book without me blabbing the ending to you...
So when he travels in time, the time traveller always arrives at his destination naked because he can't bring the clothes he was wearing with him. But at the end he gets shot when he is time travelling he manages to take the bullet with him to his next destination and dies there. How is this possible? Why is it he can't take clothes but he can take the bullet with him. And since he was shot in the future, how can he go back and then die of that wound in the past?
This bothers me and ruined the whole movie for me. If anybody has seen it, please share your thoughts on it and tell me if the ending didn't seem to follow logic (however unlogical the logic) that the movie had sort of been successfully building. Also if anybody has read the book (which I have but am undecided if I want to read it now), is it better than the movie?
Such important things to concern myself with lol.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reading List
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(127)
-
▼
September
(17)
- sorry I am way far behind again on replying to com...
- I made it to Vancouver in one piece. It's far fro...
- I ate Lucky Charms for breakfast. For the first ti...
- Off to Vancouver today for the next 3 weeks. I hat...
- today's thoughts
- I couldn't sleep last night. Much like my days, I ...
- I just got back from my second movie in as many da...
- I just got back from Inglorious Basterds. This wa...
- today
- today
- We had very nice weather for part of the long week...
- We had very nice weather for part of the long week...
- I started school on Thursday. I am at a bit of loo...
- I can't edit my last post. I wanted to add this li...
- I read a quote one time by somebody I don't rememb...
- I am supposed to start school tomorrow, leave for ...
- I am supposed to start school tomorrow, leave for ...
-
▼
September
(17)
No comments:
Post a Comment