Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I have been out and about more now that it is nicer so not around much to post as much as I like. But I finally replaced my busted old cell phone with a Blackberry Bold so it has been coming with me when I am out to get pictures and hopefully make blogging easier from remote locations. I finally figured out posterous a little better and hope to be using that more once I get a new blog set up on wordpress and link it with posterous. For now this is where I went tonight. The better pictures are on a camera card so hopefully I can post them tonight. Elbow Falls is fully accessible with a nice paved path that runs over and alongside the falls. Unfortunately it is possibly the most popular picnic area in Kananaskis Country and so is often jam packed with people, even in winter as it gets very little snow and makes a nice family outing fairly close to the city. We made a impromptu decision to go out there tonight when the friend I intended to go to name that tune with decided she really wasn't into it. And I was relieved because I kind of wanted to go outside instead of be in a bar as well. So at 6 pm we fled the city and were quite surprised to find the place essentially empty once we got out there. One thing I saw that I really wish I had taken a picture of but didn't think of was we saw a porsche parked in one of the disabled spots...even though only 3 of the other 200 parking spots were full. And not only that, it was straddling 2 of the 3 disabled spots. I am not militant about parking because frankly I can't be bothered to care if people abuse the spots...it is usually more trouble than it is worth to worry about. I am beat but happy. I was really beautiful. One slight near disaster was forgetting to check how much gas was in the van and realizing 20 km outside of town we had no gas....and not sure if one of the two gas stations in Bragg Creek were open past 8 pm...which was necessary if we were then to get back to Calgary from Bragg Creek. My parents live just outside Bragg Creek so we would have potentially had a rescue but I suspect it would have led to a bad scene when I told them we ran out of gas. We eventually made it to the gas station with a full 10 minutes to spare with the low fuel light on. It was kind of thrilling in a very stressful kind of way, I admit. First to see if we would actually get into town and second if the gas station was still open. But we did so all's well.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jesus Amanda that is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Elbow Falls would get my vote over a pub on a warm evening every time.

    It looks the kind of place where you can sit on a stone in the middle of the stream............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that's great Amanda, love the suspense and success getting home. Makes us feel like we really live on the edge lol. Hope you are well now, looking forward to your next installation here.

    ReplyDelete

Reading List