Friday, April 17, 2009


We were supposed to leave no later than 9 am. It's now 10:04 and we are not even close to leaving.


At the request of an American friend who is unfamiliar with Alberta geography I am going to post maps. An overview of day 1, the blue line showing today's part of the trip. We aren't really going that far (about 300 km). But as I mentioned yesterday concerns about my ability to travel with my collar bone had us looking to find the best way to split up the trip. I would have loved to travel through Banff and up Icefields Parkway in order to be in Jasper later this afternoon. But it is better to err on the side of caution and split the trip into 2 days. There really was nowhere that could serve as an appropriate half way point if we took the shorter route. So through Edmonton it is, although I don't get to see that part of the province very often so this will work out.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this map really helps alot. Thanks, I am a typical Yank and know little of Canada. I did some online sightseeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. safe travels...I finally got caught up on your blog...I was SO far behind...ACK!...I still want details on the Raspberry Ale... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe and exciting time girlie!Take lots of pictures,I can't wait to see them=)
    <3 Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Gent. who's buried not ten miles from where I'm sitting thought your hotel was pretty good!

    A New York man reaches heaven, and as he passes the gate, St. Peter said, "I am sure you will like it". A Pittsburgh man followed and St. Peter said, "It will be a great change for you." Finally there came a man from Jasper Park Lodge. "I am afraid," said St. Peter, "that you will be disappointed."

    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, from 1925 Jasper Park Lodge guest book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -
    Lilybet, Arthur ... and Amanda!
    - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this sounds like quite the place Amanda. Next time can I come on your holiday? LOL. Please!

    ReplyDelete

Reading List