
Jasper National Park is one of 5 of the "Rocky Mountain National Parks." Four of these parks are actually physically connected and in effect create one giant national park that straddles the border of Alberta and British Columbia. Banff and Jasper are in Alberta and Yoho and Kootney National Parks are on the BC side. Jasper is the most northern of these parks. The 5th park is Waterton Lakes National Park located off by itself in Southern Alberta where also creates a large contiguous area physically bordering with Glacier National Park in Montana. I have visited all these parks and it is hard to say which one is the most beautiful as they all have unique features and are so different. But this view had me thinking that, at least for today, Jasper is my favorite. Taken on the road to Maligne Canyon.

Wow its georgeous!
ReplyDeleteOMG! It's even better than it looks on Google Earth!
ReplyDeleteI still can't get over the accessibility in Canada, you need a Range Rover to negotiate the sidewalks in my village!
Very beautiful country. Thanks for sharing the pics. I'd like to get up there some time, maybe next summer.
ReplyDeleteThat was awesome for sure!I wish I could have been there..one day I guess.Was that a swinging bridge?Even if it wasn't,that took courage.I'm scared of rolling over bridges,especially one that high!I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself,you deserve that break.<3
ReplyDeleteShannon
amazing and breath taking, you sure are braver than I am.
ReplyDelete