So I didn't think it was possible for me to become less physically able and more dependent on others than I already am but apparently being semi-blinded, even if temporarily, has done just that. I can't do much of anything right now and am breaking the ban on my laptop because I am going to go absolutely crazy very soon. I am not regretting the surgery. I was told the first week of recovery might be very difficult. And that is proving true. While my vision has been fluctuating a lot in my left eye I know gotten at least some idea of what it will be like when it all heals up. So this was still a good decision. But I am not a real happy person right now I have to admit. I am pretty frustrated.
Before I forget thank you for the well wishes on here and by email since my surgery. I don't know that I thanked people yet. I am behind on my email but that is the story of my life it seems.
I am going to get rid of the character recognition thing. I apologize as I know it is a real pain in the ass for those who don't have fully functioning hands. Well I think its probably even a pain for those who do. I personally loathe character recognition on any website. I thought I had gotten rid of it a few weeks ago but I guess I didn't do it properly. Sorry about that everybody :(
off topic to assuage my self pity I am having a slaw dog from tubby dog for dinner even though I am not that hungry. It's totally unhealthy and messy but its comfort food.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reading List
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(127)
-
▼
April
(28)
- Eye surgery went good. I am at home.
- I haven't had the chance to write for a few days. ...
- I went to the Leonard Cohen concert last night. I ...
- After writing that we weren't seeing much of Jaspe...
- We had some technical difficulties earlier trying ...
- Tuesday part 2
- I posted last night but when I tried to edit to pu...
- Day 2
- Thoughts on Edmonton
- We were supposed to leave no later than 9 am. It's...
- Jasper Forecast
- Me and the Queen Hang Out in the Same Places
- No title
- I got rid of the word verification thing finally. ...
- Highlights of the past few days:Friday: I went to ...
- I started posting pictures earlier today but got s...
- No title
- Pictures
- I got to the bird sanctuary.Pictures and observati...
- The tentative plan is to go to the bird sanctuary ...
- My eye is continuing to improve. I have finally be...
- My concerns for today:1. I recently changed my int...
- My eye is much better this morning. Not so much my...
- Self hosted pity party
- Things can never just be simple for me. Setback wi...
- Things are still blurry but this morning I can see...
- I am pretty wiped out of energy still so just a qu...
- Not sure yet how my eye is I had to keep it covere...
-
▼
April
(28)
Sweet tubby dog I miss it
ReplyDeleteAre youseeing better today?
that was me above
ReplyDeleteForgot to tell you this before. Remember Kevin my old roommate from mount royal? He got a cataract in his eye from a hockey injury and he had this surgery too. His eye was messed up for like a few weeks after but then one day he was like wow I can see perfect. His eye got infected and all red I had to drive him to 8th and 8th at like 3 am and he was freaking out. I remember that so well. The drops he took got rid of the infection fast. So hoping the same for you Amanda.
ReplyDeleteAmanda you really got to get rid of that fucking word thing before you can post. It always takes me like 4 tries.
ReplyDelete