Monday, April 6, 2009

My concerns for today:

1. I recently changed my internet provider from Shaw to Bell. And my conclusion is: Bell sucks. Something I already knew from having them as my cell phone carrier and perhaps should have remembered before I switched. But I decided to give their (allegedly much faster and much cheaper and portable) new Wi-Max internet service a try. After finding out it really isn't as portable as claimed and getting a massive (yes massive...I had to triple check it to make sure the decimal point was not in the wrong place) bill in the mail today for my first month of service, I am left pondering this: if "unlimited internet plan" really means "sort of unlimited but actually not really unlimited at all internet plan" why not just market it as thus? I am cancelling and going back to Shaw. Shaw sucks as well but at least they are upfront about what they are overcharging you for.

2. What three and a half year old utters the term "old school"? My nephew, that is who! While on the phone today he tried to scam me into agreeing to buy him an "old school Optimus Prime" transformer doll for his birthday (his birthday is a very long time away, might I add, but he's taking initiative apparently). It turns out, after clarifying with my mother who had also been similarly pressured by him, that the item in question is a special 25th anniversary "original" edition of the toy. One that is a very different version that the current toy rendering of Optimus Prime (I have no clue...that is just what she told me). He was very clear in his demands: he didn't want the "new one" it has to be the "old school one."

On a related note, it turns out that his parents told him he would get this item for his next birthday provided he was a "good boy." Since he has so far, at least to my knowledge, hit up me, my mom, and my dad on different occasions for this toy, I am guessing he is covering his bases to make sure that he gets it whether he is a good boy or not. What a little con man!

3. I went for yet another eye checkup (my 4th in less than a week, I am getting too familar with the clinic staff). The infection is clearing, my vision is still hazy but much improved over Friday's eye exam and my eyes are now being more cooperative and are slowly starting to work a bit together again. Which means I am no longer as discombobulated as I was. Only semi-discombobulated now. Still need the patch some of the time but not all of the time. So progress!

3 comments:

  1. Bell and shaw are both satan as far as I'm concerned. Never had a good experience with either. telus is no better. So funny about your nephew. Cool news on the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are recombobulating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda~ Obviously you have not met Comcast they too are vile as I believe all internet providers are, we are held slave to them.

    Glad the eye is healing, and the vision less fuzzzy. For me, one night I could simply see, amazing.

    LOL to your nephew, he is a cleaver man covering his tracks.

    Huge hug, off to DC tomorrow, will email soon.
    B~

    ReplyDelete

Reading List