I went to the Leonard Cohen concert last night. I wasn't expected to but then two tickets in the wheelchair seating area were given to me. Thanks very much DJ. This was back to back concerts since Saturday I had been out to see the Weakerthans. I am pretty worn down today but it was a wonderful show. My favorite song of the night was "Closing Time." I tried to post this yesterday but couldn't get it to work. He brought the house down last night with this:
Thank you for those who have commented on here or by email about my posts about Brent. I was unsure that I should write about him. I appreciate very much those who have written back.
I haven't posted the pictures of Jasper yet but I will when I have more energy to go through the pictures. For those who have indicated they would like to come and explore Banff and Jasper, I hope you will some day. Especially those from Oregon, as you are not really all that so far away :)
On this week's agenda is my second eye surgery which is scheduled for Thursday. I am still waiting to find out what my vision in the first eye is going to turn out as. So far my vision seems to be pretty good but I have really been bothered by glare (still wearing the giant solar shield sunglasses unfortunately, which my nephew Spencer is convinced are x-vision glasses) and my eye fatigues very quickly. But the earlier problems did resolve themselves with time so I just need to be patient. I have been happy enough with the results to go ahead with the second eye. I have not been allowed to wear a contact lens in the uncorrected eye for the past two weeks, as per the pre-surgery instructions. So pretty much I have been going around blind in that eye as my coke bottle lensed glasses don't work with the other corrected eye anymore. It was very disorienting but eventually I got used to it. But it will be very nice to see out of both eyes again and have them working in sync.
I guess that is all for now. Oh and we went to the concert in a full blown blizzard. A "can't see the car in front of you on the road" type of blizzard. I think at one point it was even hailing which was crazy. I have come to the conclusion that winter is not going to end in Calgary this year. It is just going to continue on until next November or whatever.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reading List
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(127)
-
▼
April
(28)
- Eye surgery went good. I am at home.
- I haven't had the chance to write for a few days. ...
- I went to the Leonard Cohen concert last night. I ...
- After writing that we weren't seeing much of Jaspe...
- We had some technical difficulties earlier trying ...
- Tuesday part 2
- I posted last night but when I tried to edit to pu...
- Day 2
- Thoughts on Edmonton
- We were supposed to leave no later than 9 am. It's...
- Jasper Forecast
- Me and the Queen Hang Out in the Same Places
- No title
- I got rid of the word verification thing finally. ...
- Highlights of the past few days:Friday: I went to ...
- I started posting pictures earlier today but got s...
- No title
- Pictures
- I got to the bird sanctuary.Pictures and observati...
- The tentative plan is to go to the bird sanctuary ...
- My eye is continuing to improve. I have finally be...
- My concerns for today:1. I recently changed my int...
- My eye is much better this morning. Not so much my...
- Self hosted pity party
- Things can never just be simple for me. Setback wi...
- Things are still blurry but this morning I can see...
- I am pretty wiped out of energy still so just a qu...
- Not sure yet how my eye is I had to keep it covere...
-
▼
April
(28)
Glad you enjoyed the concert.I wish you the best of luck on ur surgery Thursday sweetie.Check ur cc mail later on,I'm leaving a message in awhile.Hugs<3
ReplyDeleteGlad you are getting out and enjoying the music despite the weather attempts to conspire against you.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
B~
Hey Amanda: Guessing you won't see this comment for a few days but wanted to let you know that I am cheering for you as you have the second eye done, hope it goes well.
ReplyDeleteB~