Thursday, April 30, 2009

I haven't had the chance to write for a few days. Not much going on. I went to a movie the other night (Tuesday maybe? I have already forgotten). It went okay. I have only been to a couple movies since I have been hurt and they have all been disasters. So what possessed me to go to one the other night, I am not sure. Well actually I do, I needed to get out of my apartment because my nurse was making me crazy. Anyways I was not so enamoured of the experience that I will be going to another movie soon but I might go more often than I have been. Appparently Tuesday night is the night go because the theatre was virtually empty. We saw Earth on the IMAX screen. Not sure if was worth the extra $3 to watch it on IMAX as opposed to the normal screen where it was also showing. But the IMAX screening was the only option in terms of time once we got there. I had never heard of this movie before but our choices were limited that late (almost 10 pm) between Earth and 17 again. Earth was a better choice. It's a Disney nature documentary filled with adorable beyond words fluffy baby polar bears and time exposed shots of flowers blooming over the span of a few seconds. Not bad. But also scenes of animals attacking and eating each other and others starving to death (including the father of the cute baby polar bears). Not really a good choice for little kids (we had none with us). But worth a watch.

I am leaving very shortly for my second eye surgery. I have to be there very early. I know what to expect this time so it should be less stressful. I will also be having my other eye checked today. It seems to have healed up very well from the post-surgery infection that came from the problem with the dislodged suture. I think the vision in that eye has stabilized now as I haven't noticed my vision fluctuating for the past few days. So maybe today I can get some kind of idea of what the actual correction from the surgery was. I am seeing pretty good out of that eye. Not perfect but enough that I can read and watch tv without glasses or contacts, although my eye seems to get very tired and sore quicker than usual. So things are still not ideal with it. But that's okay. I am still very happy with the results so far. I will be very nice to have the second one done. I'll try to see about somebody posting an update later today but I am expecting the surgery to be uneventful. I am not freaking out this time. Well at least not as much.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda: Thanks for the update on the surgery and the movie review. Zman has been pushing to go see the movie but I am waiting for Netflix!
    I am so glad that your eye has stabilized and that you see much better. My one eye fatigued for several months but now rarely fatigues, it is wonderful.
    Glad the second surgery went well and hope you are free of complications this time. I know it will be amazing for you when you can see clearly with both eyes. Hang in there , post when you can and good luck with the nurse.
    Huge Hug,
    B~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the surgery has been a good thing! Glad to hear it.

    As far as the crazy nurse, if she gets you out more, maybe something good is coming of it. :)

    You are going to lose your hermit status is you aren;t careful!

    ReplyDelete

Reading List