Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 2











Arthur Conan Doyle was right about this place...it's more than a little unbelievable. Thank you for the story Timaru :)

We were late leaving Edmonton and then dawdled along the road once we crossed into the borders of the park so I haven't had time to explore the lodge much as all yet. First impression is wow. It's greener than I expected for this time of year but there is also a golf course at the lodge, which is already open, so I am guessing there is some artificialness or at least extra coaxing going into making things greener than they might be on their own. There is a paved path that goes for a good distance around the perimetre of the lake which I hope to explore on Sunday.

Our cabin is right beside the lake. It's not the one the Queen stays at. Apparently she and Philip (and her parents before her) stay in the 6 bedroom top of the line cabin that is a short distance down the shore from us. We are in one of the "mid" level cabins. Not the shabbiest, but not the nicest either. Oh well. I suppose I will make do.


















5 comments:

  1. Amanda: What a breathtaking view, absolutely amazing and breath taking. I exploered the link of the lodge and cabins and I am happy to hear that they are not shabby. I do hope that your head rested like a princess on your pillow last night. Does your bedroom view the lake? That would be a spectacular morning view.

    Thank you for the photos as well as the map, I would have had you driving somewhere else. Enjoy today and your exploring.
    Hugs,
    B~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are educating me about Canada's geography and beauty. Hope you get to at least see the Queen's cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy road but what views!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous Amanda. So jealous. I so glad you went. I hope you all have a wonderful time. Please get me a picture of the queen's cabin!
    k.

    ReplyDelete

Reading List