Friday, May 22, 2009
We are trying to take an impromptu trip to Banff today to show some sites to my cousin visiting from Halifax. We were planning on leaving by 9 am. It's now 11 am. One possibility was going to tour the Columbia Icefields who to my surprise have accessible "glacier coaches." In my hiking days I would have rolled my eye at people who pay to ride a bus to a glacier. But I guess things change. We need to leave in the next 30 minutes if we are to make it the glacier tour launching spot in time. I suspect we won't make it and will end up somewhere else in Banff. My mom suggested a boat tour but I am not so comfortable with that. Something about the boat sinking and me going down with it...unlikely but enough that I have vetoed her suggestion. She is disappointed but I am not budging. One thing for sure, we will end up in one of the 5 candy shops on mainstreet Banff :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reading List
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(127)
-
▼
May
(12)
- Susan Boyle
- Starbucks View
- Evening View
- Something to watch :)
- We are trying to take an impromptu trip to Banff t...
- I drank plain black coffee for the first time yest...
- Wow I didn't realize it had been a week since I wa...
- I haven't been posting much because I am still cra...
- I wanted to write something about a family friend ...
- It's getting to be a problem...
- I haven't been writing much on here lately. Still...
- Thanks for the emails and messages about my second...
-
▼
May
(12)
OJ, Sounds like a great day, candy stores are enough for me! Banff is so beautiful. I hope you make the bus tour but if not, some other part of the park. Get lots of photos to share.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your visitor and have a great day.
Hugs,
B~