Friday, December 11, 2009

Pardon my language but my programming professor has completely fucked me over.

After I met with him in his office he told me I could take some extra time to get my assignments done. And stupid me didn't get it in writing.

He has now renegged on this--after I handed in my last 3 assignments. All late but none overly so. He says he will mark them but he "can't" give me a grade. He can. He just won't.

On top of this, the Disability Services Coordinator who tripped over herself to help me in the spring semester is doing dick all to help now. With anything. I couldn't arrange to get a room where I can write my final exam in isolation with a scribe. She has no more appointments open for the rest of the school year. She won't return my emails. And the office staff have treated me like a piece of shit when I have physically gone and tried to find out who might help me. This office is supposed to liason with the instructors about accomodations. I never should have had to go and cry and beg in the first place for extensions. Now I need a late withdrawal from the course or an extension on my final exam, not because of the screwed over assignments, but because I can't go outside because of the weather. But guess who is the only person who can effect this? Yes the Disability Services Coordinator.

I spent up to 7 hours a day on that course. All I have done for the past week is work on my final assignment. And when I asked him why he wouldn't accept it, he said it was because he already went over the assignment in class and posted the answers before I handed it in. In effect, suggesting I cheated. I wasn't at that class and I didn't even know he had the code posted.

I give up. It shouldn't be this hard just to take a stupid class.

2 comments:

  1. I know it goes against the grain OJ but don't you or your family and friends know anybody that could pull some strings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I was just going to give up, but now I think I will see what strings I might be able to pull. I hate saying that. But this is wrong. I have fallen through the cracks all semester despite repeatedly asking for help. Help that I was intitled to.

    ReplyDelete

Reading List