Sunday, December 6, 2009

It is minus 30 celcius here and not expected to warm up before Friday at the earliest. Which means I likely will not be going to school next week. Or anywhere else. Sigh.

I have an enormous pile of overdue assignments. But after weeks of being very unproductive due to some fatigue and concentration issues, I am finally getting stuff done today. I finished off one assignment that was half done (overdue #1). I am now about 75% through another assignment (overdue #2). Then I have to start a third assignment that is due tomorrow. This class has had a ridiculous amount of work. Or else I am just very slow lol. Maybe a combination of both. The good news is I am finally understanding things today. Which I really wasn't before. Progress!

The downside is that the code I am writing isn't really doing what it is supposed to. Not good.

About the LSAT: I am waiting to hear if there is a re-write date or if I have to wait until the next sitting in February. If it is the latter, I doubt I will write it. After getting thumped in this programming course, I no longer have much interest or desire in law school. But studying for the LSAT was a good experience. It might help me elsewhere.

3 comments:

  1. I will tell you what I told my husband--take the LSAT, you never know! Classes are on a socratic method, much different than code, I actually think you would thrive.
    We had our first snow Sat, it is all slop. We are in the 20's Farenheit here. It is hard to adjust too. Stay warm.
    Sounds like good progress with your classes, keep plugging ahead.
    Best,
    B~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ye Gods -30C! My country would grind to a halt if it ever dropped to a third of that. Don't forget yer thermal undies OJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the entire city pretty much ground to a halt. Although not so much because of the cold but the snow. It was crazy.

    It is much warmer today. Only -15! Tropical almost.

    I haven't decided yet about the LSAT but yes I think I will probably write it in February :)

    ReplyDelete

Reading List