Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I am not very good at keeping this updated, again....

No much exciting going on. About 3 more weeks of classes then I will have some free time to procrastinate with again.

Today my cat ate half a chicken ceasar salad when nobody was looking.

This weekend I went away on a female retreat thing. Long story but my sister and I went along with 10 other women. I have never done anything like this before. And I won't again. I don't know if there is something wrong with me but I really just don't do the whole female bonding thing well. Frankly, I spent most of the weekend annoyed at everybody. One thing that struck me is that most of the participants (married with an average of two children) spent most of the weekend talking about how relaxing it was to get a break from their husbands and children. They look forward to these two weekends (the retreats are held in the spring and fall) as a massive escape/chance to relax/take a break from their everyday lives. And maybe because having a husband and children are foreign concepts to me, I can't truly understand. But I can say it made me relieved that I don't have said husband or children.

Not to be all negative, there were good things about the weekend. We stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast in the mountains and it was mostly accessible for me. The food was good. There was booze. But I honestly felt like I was 13 again and at a slumber party. I don't want to go to another one of these retreats and watch chick flicks, talk about sex, eat chocolate, get a pedicure. I can't handle it lol.

I wonder if I should be kicked out of the sisterhood of being a woman?

4 comments:

  1. LOL, I am with ya on this Amanda. It would have to be females of my picking, friends at that, and lots of chocolate peanunt M&M. My rule would be no bitching about the husband and kids.
    Now, good food, good booze I could enjoy but I need good company and laughter.
    If I get a vote, you can stay in the sisterhood!
    Love ya my friend,
    B~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeze Amanda, did a female bonding weekend scare the guys away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gawd OJ the sisterhood sounds worse than Freemasonry and my reply to a couple of friends who offered to sponsor my membership of that ******* organization is unrepeatable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol yes I think the sisterhood thing is as bad as the Masons. Same cultish mindset :D

    ReplyDelete

Reading List